Association of Christian Teachers AGM.
PLEASE NOTE THE ACT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD DURING THE LUNCH BREAK OF THIS CONFERENCE at 12.30pm. PLEASE ALSO CHAT TO OUR TRUSTEES AT OUR STAND AT THE CONFERENCE>
Education Conference and ACT AGM Saturday 24th November.
“Identity, Sexuality and the Gospel: A better story for our schools”
A day conference for all Christians involved and interested in Education
Aim of the conference: To provide a collegial forum for Christians involved in education (Heads, Teachers, TAs, Governors, parents and others) to develop a view of education which is authentically Christian and to be equipped to face the social and political challenges in the UK today., especially as they affect views on identity, sexuality, marriage and the family.
Date: Saturday 24 November 2018
Venue: St. Ebbe’s Church, Oxford (central Oxford: easily reached from Oxford Station or Park & Ride buses)
Cost: Delegates are asked to contribute £10 towards the costs of the conference.
Principal speakers: Dr. Stanton Jones, Professor of Psychology at Wheaton College, Illinois, USA; Rev. Vaughan Roberts, Rector of St. Ebbe’s; Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali, former Bishop of Rochester. We shall also be hearing from a variety of politicians and seminar leaders.
Dr. Stanton Jones writes that he hopes to cover the following topics during the course of the day:
- Understand the “spirit of the times” that is eroding the traditional stance of Christians globally on sexuality and sexual ethics;
- Strengthen the ability to articulate persuasively and positively a Christian understanding of sexuality that is comprehensive and compelling;
- Deepen your appreciation for the contributions to and limitations of science in enhancing our understandings of persons and their sexuality
- Understand a model of character development that will foster effective teacher-student-parent collaboration and communication and set a redemptive context for effective child discipline;
- Cast a vision for family, school and church collaboration in enhancing the internalization of Christian morality by our students
Programme for the day:
9.45 - Coffee and register
10:00 – Introduction – Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali
10:20 – Devotional – Rev. Vaughan Roberts
10:50 – Introducing Dr. Stanton Jones
11:00 – Keynote Address: Stanton Jones
12:00 – Q & A
12:30 – Lunch
13:15 – Seminar Options – moving to rooms
13:30 – Seminars
14:30 – Politician 1
14:45 – Politician 2
15:00 – Politician 3
15:15 – Panel Discussion (Q & A) with all speakers
15:45 – Round-Up – Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali
16:00 – Finish
Seminar Topics will be announced shortly, as will the names of the Politicians attending. One seminar will be led by Dr. Stanton Jones, developing the ideas he will have set out in his main talk. Another seminar will be led by Guy Hordern and Ron Skelton on Religious Education and Collective Worship. A third seminar will deal with legal issues which affect Christian teachers in schools.
Refreshments and lunch: we suggest that people bring their own lunch: tea and coffee will be provided.
All are most welcome: How to Register -
Please send an email saying who will be coming to Hugh Bradby email@example.com
If you wish to send your £10 now, cheques may be made out to TISCA and mailed to Box 4462, Leamington Spa CV31 9EG. Otherwise please pay on the door.
Alternatively, you may book for the conference on Eventbritehere: